ATEasy 3.0 Test Development Software Released
New ATEasy 3.0 Simplifies Test Development Process and Increases ProductivitySanta Ana, CA. (April 3, 2000) - Geotest - MTS, a Marvin Group company, today announced the release of its revolutionary test development software - ATEasy 3.0. Specifically designed for functional Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) applications, ATEasy dramatically simplifies test application development process. "This streamlined and easy-to-follow Framework directs users to create re-usable components," said Matthew Chang, ATEasy Product Manager, "the results are test applications that are faster to generate and easier to maintain."
Specifically, ATEasy offers the following key competitive advantages:
- ATEasy's exclusive Integration Application Framework dramatically reduces development cycles. The Framework follows a TRD (Test Requirement Documentation) Oriented Outline and organizes several components modeled after test systems' architecture. Unlike other text based and graphical programming packages' disorganized long running code or difficult-to-follow flow chart structure, the Framework organizes the code in the appropriate components such as Systems, Drivers, Programs, Forms, Tasks, and Tests. During debugging or integration, test engineers can quickly identify the code that requires modification from the appropriate components.
- ATEasy's Just-In-Time Compiler executes designated portions of the application code without running the entire application. The resulting rapid and short development cycles are examples of ATEasy's Rapid Application Development (RAD) concept.
- Designed to minimize engineers' efforts when changing instruments, the Instrument Interchangeability Technology (I2T) allows instrument drivers of similar types to be replaced without changing a single line of code. "The Framework provides complete hardware independence and Interchangeable Virtual Instruments (IVI) compatibility, regardless of the instrument vendor or interface type used," said Ron Yazma, Software Engineering Manager, "I2T takes instrument interchangeability a step beyond IVI, where it does not require the instrument drivers to be DLL-based to be interchangeable."
- With ATEasy's Open System Architecture, test engineers can re-use program code developed either within ATEasy's environment or from other programming packages. ATEasy components such as Forms, Variables, and Procedures can be exported or copied from system to systems. Additionally, ATEasy fully supports Microsoft's Component Object Model (COM), DLL, DDE, OCX/ActiveX controls. This allows ATEasy to easily include programs or procedures written outside of its environment.
- Software documentation in ATEasy is automatic with Test Engineering Language (TEL) format. Typically, ATE software documentation requires a major work effort in both graphical and text-based programming packages. TEL is a user-defined plain English like programming language that makes test programs legible. When printed, TEL is THE ONLY SOFTWARE DOCUMENTATION required by military and industry alike without the need for additional documentation.
Additional ATEasy features include built-in Test Executive, Automatic Test Log Generation (HTML or text format), Multi-threading support, Version Control / Configuration Management tools, Multi-Level User Security, Unlimited Undo/Redo, and many more.
- Instead of agonizing over other text-based packages' disorganized lines of codes or graphical packages' structure, test engineers can rely on ATEasy's TEL Statements for easy program maintenance. The easy-to-follow TEL Statements allow programmers and non-programmers alike to comprehend an ATEasy program instantly. With TEL and various advanced editing, testing, and debugging tools, engineers can easily perform program maintenance and modifications in ATEasy. This significantly reduces the life cycle cost of the test system.
Facing more complex units under test (UUTs) and rapidly changing product lines, test professionals today demand an interactive, rapid, yet flexible development environment. Designed by test engineers for test engineers, ATEasy 3.0 provides all the necessary tools to efficiently develop any test applications.
Pricing and Availability. ATEasy 3.0 is priced at $2995. Promotional packages are available starting $1990 to qualified customers. Product shipment is scheduled for April 2000.
For More Information:
To receive complete information on ATEasy or other Geotest PC-based test products, contact Geotest at:
About Geotest - A subsidiary of the Marvin Group (Inglewood, CA) Geotest -Marvin Test Systems, Inc. is a global supplier of PXI and PC-based test products, systems, and solutions. Geotest's products and systems are used worldwide in thousands of aerospace, semiconductors, communications, medical, industrial, and military test applications.
# # #
About Geotest - A subsidiary of the Marvin Group (Inglewood, CA) Geotest
- Marvin Test Systems, Inc. is a global supplier of PXI and PC-based test products,
systems, and solutions. Geotest's products and systems are used worldwide in thousands
of aerospace, semiconductors, communications, medical, industrial, and military