#ifdef Statement with .drv

Raz A.
Haifa,

Jul 24, 2019
82 Posts

0  |  0  

Re: #ifdef Statement with .drv

My version of ATEasy is 7 142g.

I understand that in order to use #ifdef, i need to define a symbol in "Project Misc property page".

But, lets say i have driver that is named "Mydriver"

I noticed that to following #ifdef code , also applies:

#ifdef Mydriver
! do something
#endif

Why? is this a bug?

DrATEasy (Ron Y.)
Mission Viejo, CA

Jul 24, 2019
358 Posts

0  |  0  

It is possible that the driver was expecting the project to have "MyDriver". It will not work without defining "MyDriver" in the project settings. So, does not have to be a bug.

Raz A.
Haifa,

Jul 24, 2019
82 Posts

0  |  0  

Ive attached an example workspace which shows that it works while nothing is deffined in the project settings.

File Attachment:
MyDriver.zip

DrATEasy (Ron Y.)
Mission Viejo, CA

Aug 7, 2019
358 Posts

0  |  0  

I see the issue, we will fix it in the next build. The #ifdef Driver should not work. Thanks for reporting.

DrATEasy (Ron Y.)
Mission Viejo, CA

Aug 8, 2019
358 Posts

0  |  0  

Issue was fixed in 156 d - PR2, check the website for an update in couple of days. https://www.marvintest.com/Search.aspx?kw=156d

*Changed by Moderator

Raz A.
Haifa,

Aug 8, 2019
82 Posts

0  |  0  

Lets say i install the fixed revision....
Because it is a preprocessor command, there is no reason that a compiled exe with the misuse "#ifdef driver" would have issues running in a fixed runtime, right?

DrATEasy (Ron Y.)
Mission Viejo, CA

Aug 12, 2019
358 Posts

0  |  0  

It will run as before we made the change in the compiler (the change is in the IDE compiler not in the run-time). Unless you recompile, you will see no change.

Solution Available
DrATEasy (Ron Y.)
Mission Viejo, CA

Sep 26, 2019
358 Posts

1  |  0  

156 d - PR2 was posted with a fix to this issue. https://www.marvintest.com/Search.aspx?kw=156d

Please Note
You need to have a M@GIC account to participate in the Forums.
Not yet registered on our website? Click here to register today!

All content, information and opinions presented on the Marvin Test Solutions User Forums are those of the authors of the posts and messages and not Marvin Test Solutions'. All attachments and files are downloaded at your own risk. [Read More]