Run thread during test

Adam C.
Tiszaújváros,

Jul 27, 2017
4 Posts

0  |  0  

Re: Run thread during test

I need some help,

I'm using a test system for automotive circuit testing with Ateasy 8.

It's a normal Ateasy application with tasks and test steps.

During production I make electrical tests and communication (via I2C bus).

I'd like to terminate the test steps, with only communication code, parallel with the other test steps.

So I copied the code from these test steps in one PROCEDURE and I made one common test step.

In the test step I call create thread methode and terminate thread methode to make run the new PROCEDURE.

It's seems it's not working. If I put a breakpoint in the PROCEDURE the first 2 or  3 line are terminanted and it's jumping to the next test steps.

Can you support me to solve this issue?

Thank you!

Jason D.
Irvine, CA

Jul 27, 2017
32 Posts

0  |  0  

Are you watching the correct thread?
Go to View > Threads to open the thread window. It will allow you to switch threads and step through each one as they are running side by side.

Solution Available
Adam C.
Tiszaújváros,

Aug 1, 2017
4 Posts

1  |  0  

Thank you for your help, I solved this issue, it was the misundestanding of way of using threads in Ateasy.

I thought that the purpose of CreateThread method is to set up a thread, and TerminateThread to start it or activate it.

In this case I need just CreateThread methode and it's working fine.

Please Note
You need to have a M@GIC account to participate in the Forums.
Not yet registered on our website? Click here to register today!

All content, information and opinions presented on the Marvin Test Solutions User Forums are those of the authors of the posts and messages and not Marvin Test Solutions'. All attachments and files are downloaded at your own risk. [Read More]