Knowledge Base Article # Q200128
List of changes in GTDIO/DIOEasy Software version 3.20 build 42
GTDIO/DIOEasy Version 3.2 Build 42 (December 2008) Change List - Hardware Support Changes:
- New support for the GX5055 DIO board.
- New support for the GX5291 DIO board.
- GtDio versions 3.1 (Build 40) and above does not supports the GT5900, GT2550 and GT5150
ISA boards anymore, use GTDDIO v3.0 to control these cards.
- Fixed issues:
• Driver:DioSetupClkStrobeDelay() returns an error when the handle passed into the function is a File handle.
• DIOEasy: Gx529X and Gx5055 file types would crash when trying to copy and past channels.
- New driver (Firmware) functionality:
- Additional offset (advance or delay) of -3.0 to +3.0 nSec (0.25 increments) was added
in order to ease timing alignment between DIO boards in a domain. See DioSetupClkStrobeDelay()
function in the "DIO Programmer’s Reference Guide".
- Firmware version 0x8A00 and above allow reading the I/O pins data when the card is in PUASE/HALT state.
- Firmware versions 0x8A00 and above integrates high speed memory read back operation.
- New driver functions:
• DioSetupExternalRefClkFrequency() - sets the External refernce clock frequency.
• DioGetExternalRefClkFrequency() - returns the External refernce clock frequency.
• DioFileSetChannelsOrder() - sets all 32-channels logical order in a DIO file.
• DioFileGetChannelsOrder() - returns all 32-channels logical order in a DIO file.
- DIO Virtual panel:
• Support configurations using VISA and new multiple chassis slot numbering as
well as legacy slot numbering.
• Cut execution time for upgrading DIO's firmware.
• Add Domain Setting Save and Recall - allow the user to save/recall the domains
timing calibration settings after calibrating the clock and strobe delays between
boards in the domain.
- DIO User's Guides:
• Update all User's Guides "Chapter 3: Installation and Setup" to reflect the
support for the new HW v3.0 (PCI/PXI explorer and hardware access driver).
• Update the "DIO Software User’s Guide" with the latest DIO panel description
• New C example named "GtDioExampleC" supporting all PXI/PCI DIO boards.
• New VB 6.0 and VB .NET 2005 examples.
• New Microsoft Visual Basic .NET (2005) GtDio COM Object example.
• New LabView library and examples.
- New HW v3.2 ](PCI/PXI explorer and hardware access driver)
- The new HW v3.2 is included in this release to support VISA, multiple chassis and more -
more information is available under Program Files folder, Getotest\HW, ReadMe.txt.
The new HW provides the following new/revised functionality:
• New function, DioSetupInitializationVisa() - initializes the board using VISA, use VISA
resource string or alias (configure using HW PXI Explorer) to identify the board
• GtDio boards are shown in VISA resource manager (NI-MAX), using HW v3.1.
• DioSetupInitialization() function supports multiple chassis slot numbering (for example
0x203 - chassis 2 Slot 3) as well as legacy slot numbering (1-255) as displayed
in HW v3.1 PXI/PCI explorer.
GTDIO, DIOEasy, GX5050 Series, GX5055, GX5152, GX5152, GX5280 Series, GX5290 Series